SE Michigan Homeschool Daytime Extracurricular Activities
Homeschooling is on the rise, especially among those who wish to have more flexibility in their child’s learning pace and the topics presented. However, when we were homeschooling last year I can tell you one big thing is parents want their children to be in activities, but many are available in the late evening. While this works for some families, many families want the so-called “extras” to happen during the day.
Having options during the day frees up more evening time for the family, and it also is an opportunity for families to meet with other homeschooling families.
SE Michigan Day Time Extracurricular Activities for Homeschool Families
First and foremost, there are many co-ops available, both secular and non-secular options. I won’t expand much here, as I plan to create a list of homeschool co-ops that occur through the state of Michigan at a later time.
Next let’s look at various sports, fine arts / music options that are available during the day.
Day time Dance classes in SE Michigan
- Central City Dance – Canton – Limited Thursday classes for ages 3-5.
- Elite Dance Force – Canton – Limited preschool day classes.
- Central Stage Dance – Northville – One day time class for ages 3-6.
- The Studio – South Lyon – Limited classes ages 2-6.
- Lashelle’s School of Dance – Oak Park – Classes begin at 2:30 for school-aged kids.
- Arts at the Link – Troy – Variety of classes (call for info, Christian-based)
Day time Gymnastics classes in SE Michigan
- Euro Stars Gymnastics – Plymouth – Thursday classes from toddler to early elementary aged.
- School Aged Gym classes may also be available.
- Stay and Play open Gym Thursdays 10-11:30 for all ages.
Day time Music classes in SE Michigan
Looking for Music oriented Detroit homeschool activities
For families who want flexibility and options with their child’s education, homeschool seems to work well. Of course, we can’t all be great at everything so having extra curricular activities can be useful.
If you know of additional day time activity options, please leave a comment!